The romantic holidays are a time to celebrate with loved ones, but they’re also a time to reflect on the past year and plan for the future. That means it’s a great time to think about where you’d like to spend your holiday vacation.
No matter where you decide to go, though, be sure to take advantage of the romantic places around the world that make for dreamy holiday destinations. From sandy beaches to snowy mountaintops, these places will make your holiday memories unforgettable. So get planning!
New Orleans Romantic Places
There are many romantic places to visit over the holidays in New Orleans. One of the most famous spots is the French Market, which has been around for over 300 years and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This market is full of vendors selling all sorts of food and gifts, and it’s a great place to get some Christmas shopping done.
Another popular spot for couples is Garden District. This area was originally designed as a residential area, but now contains some of the most beautiful homes in New Orleans. It’s perfect for a walk or bike ride, and there are plenty of restaurants and shops to enjoy along the way.
If history is your thing, then you’ll love exploring Jackson Square. This square was once home to Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, and it’s now full of tourist attractions like the St. Louis Cathedral and the Maison Dupuy House. It’s also a great place to take photos or have lunch.
Finally, if you’re looking for something more relaxing than all of the excitement downtown, consider visiting one of New Orleans’ many historic cemeteries. There are plenty to choose from, including Saint Peter’s Cemetery (pictured below) or Metairie Cemetery. Both offer peaceful walks through lush gardens filled with beautiful tombstones dating back to the 1800s.
Key West Romantic Places
Location: Key West, Florida
Population: approx. 34,000
Nickname: The Last Great American Place
The Keys are a cluster of coral islands in the Gulf of Mexico, just off the coast of Florida. The islands have been occupied by humans for more than 10,000 years and are known for their laid-back lifestyle, gorgeous white-sand beaches, crystal-clear water and tropical climate. The town of Key West is the primary settlement on Key West and is home to many shops and restaurants.
Weather: moderated with average temperatures ranging from the high 60’s to low 80’s degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year.
The culture of Key West is one of fun, party and relaxed attitudes. The locals are known for their laid back attitude and love of life. There is always something happening in Key West, whether it’s a concert at the Cruzan Amphitheatre or exploring the many galleries and museums.
Events/Attractions: Historic district tours, bike rental, sunset cruises and festivals like Mardis Gras and the Key West Bluegrass and Folk Festival are just a few of the events that take place in Key West.
Accommodations: There are many options for lodging in Key West, from cutesy bed & breakfasts to large resort hotels.
What to Eat: Cuban food including Buena Vista Social Club sandwich at Buccaneer’s Den, Hemingway favorite The Sloppy Joes at Daiquiri Deck or Prickly Pear Bloody Mary at Whitecap Caye Resort & Marina.
Savannah Romantic Places
Savannah is one of the most romantic places to visit over the holidays. From its historic squares and river walks to its lush gardens and beautiful architecture, Savannah offers a wide range of attractions for lovers. Whether you’re looking for a quiet getaway or want to explore all the city has to offer, Savannah is an ideal location. Here are five reasons why Savannah is the perfect place to spend your Christmas holiday:
1. Historic squares and river walks.Savannah’s charming squares are a perfect place to take a walk or relax in a park. River Street features centuries-old antebellum homes, while Forsyth Park has tall live oaks and gorgeous gardens. Both squares offer great spots for photos and relaxation.
2. Lush gardens and stunning architecture.Savannah’s gardens are some of the best in the Southeast. Garden visitors can explore formal public gardens like Forsyth Park or intimate botanical gardens like Ravenel Plantation Garden, both of which have lovely waterfall displays in wintertime. Richly decorated historic buildings make wonderful photo locations, too, like The Georgia State Capitol or The Immanuel Presbyterian Church (known locally as “The Mother Church”).
3. A variety of shopping options.Savannah is home to several upscale shopping destinations, like The Rowan Tree Mall and Oglethorpe Square Mall, both of which offer plenty of unique stores not found anywhere else in town. Local boutiques abound as well, so there’s always something for shoppers of all budgets.
Myrtle Beach Romantic Places
If you’re looking for a romantic destination to visit over the holidays, Myrtle Beach is definitely worth considering. This beautiful city has plenty of things to offer couples, including great beaches and restaurants. Plus, there’s always something fun happening in Myrtle Beach, so you won’t be bored! Here are some of the best things to do in Myrtle Beach during the holiday season:
Enjoy a romantic sunset at one of Myrtle Beach’s many beautiful beaches. There are plenty of places to find a spot that offers stunning views, like North Oak Island State Park or Flounder Creek State Park.
Take a walk on the beachside promenade and enjoy the sounds and sights of the ocean while listening to live music from local bands. This is an especially popular option during Christmas time!
Go out for dinner and share a memorable experience at one of Myrtle Beach’s famous restaurants. From elegant seafood spots to family-friendly Italian eateries, there’s something for everyone in this city.
Spend some time with your loved one at The Pavilion at Pelican Pointe, an indoor waterpark that features attractions like an IMAX movie theater and high-speed slides. This is sure to be an unforgettable experience for both kids and parents alike!
Asheville Romantic Places
1. Asheville, North Carolina:
Asheville is a charming mountain town that’s become known for its arts and culture scene. It’s also home to some beautiful natural sites, like the Biltmore Estate and the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you’re looking for a place to relax and getaway from it all, Asheville is definitely worth a visit over the holidays.
Falls Church Romantic Places
If you’re looking for a place to getaway during the holidays, Falls Church may be just the place. Here are five romantic places to visit in Falls Church this holiday season.
1. The Jefferson Memorial: This National Monument is home to one of America’s most beautiful memorials – the Jefferson Memorial Fountain. The fountain is made up of four bronze aquatic animals that represent the continents of America, Europe, Africa and Asia. It’s a great spot to take a photo with your loved ones, or simply enjoy a peaceful moment alone.
711 King Street: If you’re looking for an intimate restaurant for your date night, look no further than 711 King Street. This small restaurant has a very romantic setting – it’s located in an old brick building that used to be a pharmacy. You’ll love the eclectic menu and wine list at this hidden gem!
11212 Lee Highway: One of Falls Church’s newest attractions is the new Skyride observation tower. It offers beautiful views of downtown Falls Church and Northern Virginia from above, making it perfect for a date night out. Plus, there’s plenty of room on the revolving ride for two!
Falls Church Town Center: Head over to Falls Church Town Center for some shopping fun this holiday season! There are so many amazing places to buy gifts here – from luxury jewelers like Tiffany & Co., to high-end clothing stores like Nordstrom Rack! And don’t forget about delicious food options like Tandoori Chef and India Palace.
Santa Barbara Romantic Places
If you’re looking for a romantic place to visit over the holidays, look no further than Santa Barbara! This picturesque city has so much to offer couples: from world-renowned wineries and charming boutique shops to stunning beachfronts and lively nightlife. Here are some of our favorite places to spend your holiday weekend in Santa Barbara:
1. The Beachcomber’s Inn – This historic inn sits right on the beachfront, making it an ideal spot for a romantic breakfast or dinner. In addition to its beautiful coastal setting, The Beachcomber’s Inn offers plenty of amenities for couples, including a cozy fireplace and private patio overlooking the ocean.
2. La Casa del Zinfandel – This winery is known for its award-winning Zinfandel wines, but it’s also a great spot for a romantic outing. La Casa del Zinfandel is located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, just steps away from some of the city’s most popular restaurants and bars. Plus, its wine tastings are always free!
3. The Farmer’s Market at Legacy Square – If you’re looking for something fresh and local to eat while in Santa Barbara, head over to the Farmer’s Market at Legacy Square! This market features locally-grown fruits and vegetables as well as artisanal goods, all made available at affordable prices. Plus, there’s usually entertainment happening in the square during the weekdays so you can kick back and relax after a day of shopping.
4. The Ice Cream Shop at the Mission – If you’re looking for a sweet treat to share (or just to enjoy on your own!), head over to The Ice Cream Shop at the Mission! This shop features handmade ice cream and sorbet made with local ingredients, as well as delicious milkshakes and soft-serve ice cream. Plus, its outdoor seating is perfect for a sunny afternoon picnic.
5. The Henry’s Pub – If you’re in the mood for some lively nightlife, check out Henry’s Pub! This popular pub is known for its fun atmosphere and extensive beer list, which includes lots of Belgian and European beers. In addition, Henry’s Pub often hosts live music events, so you can enjoy some tunes while you drink your favorite brews.